Like Bernadette at Reactions to Reading, I couldn’t resist the silliness of this book meme. Founded by Pop Culture Nerd with a new version released each year, the objective is to complete the supplied sentences using the titles of books you have read this year (not necessarily published this year). Here’s mine:
- Every Monday I look/feel like: The Fine Colour of Rust (PA O’Reilly)
- Last time I went to a doctor/therapist was because: Blood Rose (Margie Orford)
- Last meal I ate was: A Moveable Feast (Ernest Hemingway)
- My savings account is: Ghost Money (Andrew Nette)
- When a creepy guy/girl asks for my number, I: Comeback (Peter Corris)
- Ignorant politicians make me: (think) Running Dogs (Ruby J Murray)
- Some people need to spend more time: Holding the Man (Timothy Conigrave)
- My memoir could be titled: The World Waiting to be Made (Simone Lazaroo)
- If I could have, I would’ve told my teenage self: The Mistake (Wendy James)
- In five years I hope I am: All That I Am (Anna Funder)
Margot Kinberg at Confessions of a Mystery Novelist even managed to get one of my books on to her list.
If you decide to join in, please post a link to your meme in the comments section.